Subject: Call For Suggestions
From: James Jones/Nibbles and Bits <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:30:12 -0800

[email-masked] said:

>	OK, I'm making an logo treatment that deals with a cloud of 
>objects, maybe a couple of hundred, that eventually coallesce to 
>form the logo.
>
>	I've got a couple of ideas on how to approach this, mainly using 
>Sparks(tm), but am curious as to how various members of the LWMList would
>approach this situation.
   
   If your objects (200? GAK!) don't have to rotate, bounce, or fly 
along curved trajectories on their way to the logo, and if it's OK for
them to arrive at the logo shape in unison, then an object with all the
parts in their cloud positions morphed to an object with 'em all in
their logo positions might save a bit of work. (Assuming you could use
some automated way of positioning the parts in Modeler, such as particle
clone.)
   
   Other than that, a backward-rendered Sparks scene sounds like the 
way to go.

   -Jim
   
James G. Jones
Nibbles & Bits
[email-masked]
__